Carpool to Work
What is a Carpool?
A carpool is a group of people sharing the ride to work in a single vehicle and usually consists of two to four people. Carpooling to work is a great option for people in all areas of Los Angeles County and surrounding counties because it helps reduce the number of vehicles on the road, which means overall less traffic and fuel emissions. Whether you work in Downtown Los Angeles, Norwalk, Lancaster or Santa Monica, there is likely a carpool option available in your area, and LA County Rideshare has the tools to get you started.
Public Health Van & Car pool Guidance Click Here
Benefits of Carpooling
Ready to Carpool?
Are you ready to carpool? Joining a carpool for the first time, changing carpools or publicizing the availability of your current carpool are all easy tasks when you have the right tools. Remember that different organizations offer various carpool options. To get started on one or more of these processes, check out the tabs to the right.
LA County Rideshare wants to get you into a carpool so you can start saving time and money and stress less. These are some important details you must have before beginning your carpool search:
- Your Home Location (nearest cross streets)
- Your Work Location (nearest cross streets)
- Your Work Schedule (times and any alternate schedule information)
- Cost and Finance Details (your carpool cost ranges)
- How Often You Want to Carpool
Do you have all this information prepared? Then you are ready for the Carpool Search!
Where Can I Join a Carpool?
There are various organizations that provide carpool options. If you work in the Los Angeles or Southern California area, L.A. County Rideshare recommends:
- Employer-Provided Carpool Programs: Some employers have carpool programs for employees at various work sites. We recommend checking with your company first to see whether there is a Carpool Program available.
- Ride Matching Services: If your employer does not provide a Carpool Program, you can rely on a ride matching service like www.ridematch.info to help you find a carpool available near you. The people in your new carpool might not work for the same company, but they are likely traveling to the same work area as you. Ridematch.info allows you to see available carpools and contact the driver for more information about sharing their ride.
Are you currently part of a carpool? Do you have room for extra passengers? Register your carpool with www.ridematch.info so potential carpool passengers can easily find your information, reach out and share the ride.